What is XPath
XPath is a terminology. that describes locate and process items in Extensible Markup Language documents. it using syntax predicated on a journey document’s rational framework or hierarchy. XPath is found in Selenium identify an element on a Web page as aspect locator. the way we use PostCode and House address in the real world to locate Home Address.
What is Firebug
How exactly to Download FireBug
FireBug plugin includes Firefox internet browser. it is downloadable from Firefox itself.
1) Head to Tools > Web Creator > Get More Tools.
2) It’ll open a Website and display all the plugins available for Firefox web browser. As we are in need of Firebug, click on Increase Firefox button for Firebug.
3) Hit on Install Now button to proceed.
4) After the Installation completed, press ‘F-12 to open Firebug tool. It’ll display like this.
How to Use It
Most of the times it used to Inspect Elements over a Webpage and receive the XPath of the Elements from a Web page.
1) Inspect Elements:
Please visit Finding Elements using Internet browser Inspector for details justification. How to find Elements using Internet browser Inspector.
2) Duplicate XPath: Copying XPath very handy. the selecting a component using Inspector. the HTML code of the picked element and choose Copy XPath.
3) You will paste the copied XPath on your test script by pressing ‘Ctrl + V’.
What is FirePath
It is an extension to FireBug. that brings a development tool to edit, inspect, XPath expressions and CSS3 Selectors.
Why it pays to Selenium Automation Tester
1)It types self-written XPath and checks if it’s correct by highlighting the results on the Web page.
2) Make a XPath or CSS selector for an aspect by right clicking on it. selecting “Inspect in FirePath” in the framework menu.
3) Like Firebug it also gives you the XPath of the decided on Element.
How to Download Firepath
Firepath is an expansion to Firebug. which means you would only have the ability to install it after setting up FireBug.
1) Head to Tools > Web Creator > HAVE MORE Tools.
2) It will open a Website and will display all the plugins available for Firefox browser. As I said before that it’s an extension to Firebug, click on the Extensions hyperlink. the sort Firepath on the Search field. As we need FirePath, click on Increase Firefox button for FirePath.
3) Strike on Install Now button to move forward.
3) Once installed, it will ask to Restart the internet browser. Click on Restart Now button.
4) Once opened up, press ‘F-12 to wide open Firebug tool. It will display the FirePath
How to Use FirePath
1) Inspect Elements:
Please visit Finding Elements using Browser Inspector for details justification. How to find Elements using Web browser Inspector. But unlike FireBug, it exhibits the XPath of the preferred component on the console.
2) Copy XPath: Copying XPath is very very handy. When done with selecting a component using Inspector. Duplicate the XPath of the chosen element and paste it to your Test script by pressing ‘Ctrl + V’.